Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show

Pic above is last year’s Big Winner.
Today is opening day. Cool, sunshine, no rain so far only a light wind.
Local newspaper article said they are expecting 10,000 folks!
So hope everyone is arriving in good spirits getting set for classes or just viewing and shopping!!
I will be there on Sunday this year with my niece Diana and pal Shirl from Richmond.
Hope to see Averettladynana and her daughter there as well.
So if anyone else is going to be there Sunday give me an email yell!!
Maybe we can meet up too.
I sure wish I could have met up today with alittleofthisandalittleofpat and snippenthreads.
Almost worth it to just dress go over and wave Pat’s bus down…. but have other places I have to be today.;-(
So if you see this lady wearing a black T-Shirt that says, “Got FABRIC?”….see her pic on her blog…give her a hug and say Lola sent me!!

Here is the list of some vendors.
If any you recommend I be sure to check let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Nope not there...looks like it will be Sunday. Maybe a slight chance that we'll get our there tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are YOU going? I went today and met a couple of pickles from the pickle posse! we are gathering up agin tomarrow at material obsessions for a group pic with flat mark. hope toi see ya there!
    (mauh) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fantastic quilt. The show should be marvellous. Have a nice time and let us know what you liked best.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is wonderful! I can see why it won. You should have a wonderful time at the show.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't run into ANYONE I "knew" at the show but I did have many folks comment on my "got fabric?" shirt!!! The show was good...and I love that facility....many places to sit down and rest weary feet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent all day there and beleive me, I did my part to stimulate the economy! If you love civil war fabrics stop in to the Green Cupboard. Great show!

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!